2-Day Course on
The Cyber Domain:
Fundamentals and Major Considerations in Cybersecurity
Mr. Guy M. Segal
26-27 November 2019, Tuesday-Wednesday
9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: National University of Singapore
Lately, it seems that cybersecurity catches growing intention in most organizations-government agencies, defence entities, enterprises and even SMEs. The rapid evolution on technology in the past 3 decades brought the cyber domain into every business or even every home or pocket in every developed country around the globe. Some may say that as digitization penetrated every aspect of our life, cybersecurity has done that as well. Managers at all levels are required to gain basic knowledge of the cyber domain as data breaches and cyber-attacks are becoming more common and are followed by heavy general and/or sectorial regulations to comply.
But what is cyber? What are the unique challenges that this dynamic domain fronts us with? How can senior management handle cyber conflicts or at least ask the right questions ?
The cyber space is a unique artificial domain in which most human phenomena are happening. A few years ago, cyber was considered an IT issue, nowadays it is very clear that it is a strategic business domain for every senior manager in the private or governmental sectors. Board of Directors and senior management are ultimately liable and responsible for their organizations cyber vulnerabilities and resilience.
During this 2-day course, participants will gain basic understanding of the following cyber domain issues:
- Achieve an understanding or the adversaries/ threat actor’s main motivations, methodologies and technics
- Gain knowledge of the common cyber defence attitudes and solutions and with the most common industry approach
- Gaining understanding of the major cyber and privacy related regulations including major cyber risk analysis considerations
- Explore ways to enhance resiliency and redundancy
- Practicing cyber related risk assessment
The course will include topical case studies from Asia and from other regions.
Who Should Attend
Senior (C-level) and Mid-level managers from all sectors or personnel with responsibilities for business continuity or any employee/client’s private data collected/kept within the organization.
As directors are personally liable for cyber and business continuity issues, they will find this course highly relevant for them as well. Actually, almost every management role with responsibilities for problem solving and decision-making in every sector will find this course extremely instrumental.
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Articulate main cybersecurity considerations
- Distinguish major cyber risks
- Describe adverse/ threat actors’ methodologies and tools
- Know where to start when consulting with a cyber expert
- Identify common cyber defence solutions and services carried out by vendors/ suppliers
- Describe topical cyber-attacks and identify the major causes of failure
- Course Overview
- Introduction to the cyber domain
- Who are the threat actors- super powers, states, criminals, hacktivists
- Major penetration methodologies and tools used to conduct them
- Defence tools families
- Introduction to the cyber defence industry
- Global and local cyber/data/privacy regulations and compliance
- Global and local organizations/agencies to be familiar with
- Understanding the cost of cyber-attacks and data breaches
- Cyber risk assessment considerations
Mr. Guy M. Segal is an Adjunct Associate Professor at TDSI, NUS. He is a Cybersecurity and intelligence executive and a lecturer. Guy is a Cybersecurity and intelligence enthusiastic expert with vast management and business experience for more than 27 years. Guy is Custodio technologies Ltd. Pte. General Manager. Before joining Custodio, Guy led IBM security in Israel and previously served in various professional and command roles in the IDF cyber and intelligence corps. His last role was the deputy director of the JCC- the IDF Joint Cyber staff.
Guy was the founder and leader of the cybersecurity studies at Ono academic centre in Israel for BA and EMBA students and a leading cyber private consultant. Guy has vast knowledge in the cyber domain methodologies, techniques and regulations and is a popular lecturer in professional cyber events.
Guy holds a BA from Bar-Ilan university in Logistics management and Economics and an EMBA from Ben-Gurion university, Israel.
|Course Fee||SGD1,712.00 per pax (including GST)|
|Early Bird (if register by 15 Oct 2019)||SGD1,626.40 per pax (including GST)|
Special Fee for :
~Group Registration (min. 5 paxs)
|SGD1,626.40 per pax (including GST)|
Enquiry and Registration
For more information and registration, do send an email to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us
at +65 6516 5838 / +65 6516 3497
Please refer here for more information.